Monday, February 11, 2008

He lost the game

Our new residence is fairly quiet, other than bananas falling from the sky, we're just not getting the consistent material we were at the hostel. Today we created a bit of our own.

For the past week Paul has been hemming and hawing at whether he should shave his head. I think part novelty, part convenience. Yesterday when we had finished our morning run and were scaling the concrete steps towards our flat he said, "I'm going to bic it today." I'd heard this before so while excited, it was a still not going to believe till i saw it sort of thing. He stalled again.

For those of you that don't know the game, "Settlers of Catan", its pretty fun. Its one that Seth and Becky got us addicted to and one that we in turn addicted Doug and Melanie to. (The gift that keeps on giving, still waiting to hear whether Jen and Kyle bought it for themselves.) Since Beck and Seth are currently absentee we've had no other choice then to play against each other. Its not a dungeons and dragons sub-culture or anything, believe me, i know the difference and am currently sitting in the student lounge witnessing a convention of about 5 major games going on. Sorry, i digress. So while Paul was setting up our game today, he announced, if i lose, i'll bic it. Game on.

It was a 20 point game and close the entire way, until, after gaining the monopoly on sheep, i skipped ahead 4 points securing my victory and a new haircut for Paul.

He was a good sport.

2 comments:

mystere said...

you make me want to play and resume the addiction.

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure Kyle is still mad that I never charged a toll on my port. Needless to say, no we haven't bought it :). Way to go, Paul! More pics please!